Are you among those asking if rev is a good way to make money online or make money on rev?
In this article, you will learn legit way to make money with Rev online/home opportunity with everyone.
If you are looking for a “get-rich-scheme” or a “magic button” , it’s better that you stop reading here!
I tested out this opportunity to make sure it was legit, and I got paid! It was super easy to Sign up for and get started, and even better, it was free.
So if want to be earning some dollars online/home or want a side hustle you can do in the evening, weekends or anytime you’re less busy, then check out Rev.com!
What is Rev.com?
It is a transcribing and captioning company. So what happens is clients send in audio clips, send in videos, and then read gets them transcribed or captioned for them. Someone has to listen to it, and you know the type, what they hear, you know, and that’s where you and I come in.
Check also: Best Must-Have Work From Home Apps in 2021
- Ability to accurately transcribe audio.
- Strong English language skills.
- Headset or Siren environment.
- A good Smartphone or PC
- PayPal account (for your payment)
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Go to Rev.com and join as a Freelancer.
- Start the signup process takes less than an hour.
- Fill in your details to create an account with them as a Transcriber or Captioner.
- Note: A laptop or PC is required to do the test. After that, you can start working with your Smartphone.
- There’s no time limit on this test, so take your time, you know, use Google research to look up different phrases, especially with the beginning, the grammar test. Try to get all the answers correctly.
- After successful completion of the test, wait for your application to be getting reviewed.
- If you are approved, you’ll start earning right away.
Read Also: Get Paid to be a Friend Online in 2021
Please carefully review the transcription guidelines, reflect the quality standards expected by customers.
Whether you are a newbie, the guide will help you create accurate and professionally formatted transcripts or Captions.
So it could sometimes be within a couple of days, maybe a week, you’ll get a mail to tell you whether or not you accepted into the program.
Payments are sent every Monday for work completed the prior week.
A week is defined as Sunday 00:00 GMT to Saturday 23:59 GMT.
The exact timing of the payments on Monday can vary slightly, but 23:59 GMT makes payment.
Rev pays, usually, $0.39-$0.45 per hit.
So imagine when you transcribe 25 of that, you will get $10.
If you’re lucky, you get one that’s 60-70 cents, but that is rare.
Most files are of awful quality and heavy accents or loud background noise.
Recommended: Best ways Language Lovers Make $50/Hour Online
I earn $30 within 4 hours. So imagine if you do this as a full-time job.
Even if you get a sound file or manage to complete some (I’ve completed about ten jobs for transcript/caption), you better not make more than a couple of simple mistakes.
A 15-30 minute file will take 1-3 hours at least to complete. That’s for under $20- usually around $8 for a 15-minute file.
That’s less than $5 an hour.
If you keep your head down every day for hours and triple check everything constantly for any perceived error, then you might do ok to make some extra cash.
Rev is currently hiring freelance transcribers to work from home and make extra money transcribing audio files and videos.
If you want to ask any questions, don’t hesitate to leave them below, and I will read your comment and reply to you personally.